Asha will collect your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. However, in certain cases we will collect personal information from third parties, including from publicly available sources.
3.1 – Direct collection
We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when donating money via our Publications or the Website;
- when completing any personal details sections on our Publications or the Website;
- at fundraisings and events on handwritten sign up sheets;
- while signing up to our online mailing list;
- while registering for events via email and online forms; and
- during telephone calls; and/or
- from other related correspondence (whether in writing or electronically).
3.2 Third parties
Asha may also collect personal information from third parties, including (but not limited to):
- Telstra / Sensis
- Australia Post
- Australian Electoral Commission, and
- Law courts.
4.1 – Personal Information
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to) name, address, date of birth, contact details including phone number and email address, and credit card and/or bank account details.
We usually obtain personal information directly from our customers through Publications, application or other forms, including forms submitted via the Website and from maintaining records of information provided in the course of receiving donations at an earlier point in time.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to process your donation.
4.2 – Information collected from the Website
If you register or donate on the Website or contact us via the Website by email or otherwise, we may collect personal information you provide such as your name, job title, company’s name, telephone, fax and mobile numbers and postal or email addresses.
We may also collect credit card details and other related information when you donate via the Website. All personal information and credit card details collected and stored on the Website will be protected by data encryption [note: confirm encryption and data security process].
If you do not provide any information we request we may not be able to process your donation.
We will only collect and hold personal information for the primary purposes of:
- sharing information with supporters regarding the events and activities relating to the work of Asha;
- educating supporters about, and advocating the purposes of Asha with regard to the social issues affecting women and children in red light areas;
- collecting monetary donations to finance Asha’s projects and
- fulfilling our related legal obligations. In particular, we may be required to collect certain personal information in order to comply with government legislation and regulations.
Personal information collected via the Publications and the Website may be accessible by external credit facility providers engaged by Asha to process donations on Asha’s behalf. [note: to the extent known, please provide any further information about how information will flow between Asha and credit facility providers and how they will use that personal information]. Your consent to this disclosure is required in order to donate on the Website. If you do not consent to this disclosure, we may not be able to process your donation via the Website.
We, and our agents, will only use and disclose your personal information as permitted by the National Privacy Principals and the Privacy Act
6.1 – Disclosure
Some of the purposes for which we may use and disclose personal information include:
- maintaining donor records;
processing credit card details for the collection of donations;
- maintaining and expanding our mailing list; and
- distributing newsletter updates via post and/or email.
6.2 – Other organisations
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless we have your consent to do so.
6.3 – Can you ‘opt out’?
Individuals who do not wish to receive marketing information can opt out by contacting our Privacy Officer.
To make a request, you will need to obtain and complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require.
We may charge a fee for providing you with such access to your personal information.
We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
If any of your personal details change or you discover any errors in your personal information we hold, please contact us as soon as possible to help us keep our records accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We may, if permitted by law, refuse to change our records of your personal information. If this occurs, we will provide you with reasons as to why this has occurred.
Asha Development Organisation,
75 Reid Street,