HerHealing involves emotion-focused therapy, an evidence-based, empirically tested therapeutic treatment for working with complex trauma often experienced by girls and women affected by sexual exploitation. This therapy draws on a person-centred approach that places the client at the centre as the expert of their own life.
- Life skills development
- Art therapy
- Referrals to partner services
- Address internalised blame and shame – “I keep trapping myself in violent relationships, being convinced that it is my fault, I’m finally changing this and putting boundaries in place”
- Increase self-esteem and empowerment – “I took away the experience of being held and loved”; “It feels good to have choice”
- Develop interpersonal and emotional regulation skills – “I AM safe, I AM strong and I have lots of inner resources”
- Address social isolation – “It’s been amazing to talk through all my stuff and have someone really listen. I finally feel heard.”
- Create support systems, increasing safety – “Your support, care and wisdom has been a great foundation of safety”.
- Addressing poverty and disadvantage through self-advocacy skills, and knowledge of rights, choices and options – “I finally found courage and applied for that job”.
Aicha works from a Gestalt framework, guided by a belief that we all have the capacity to live our lives more consciously. She also believes that therapy has the potential to assist people to become more aware of the habitual ways in which they react to life and to consequently experience deeper levels of meaning and connection in their lives by becoming more choiceful in how they live.
- Masters Counselling and Human Services
- Graduate Diploma Counselling and Human Services
- Advanced Clinical Training in Relational Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Advanced Certificate Relational Gestalt Counselling
- Clinical Member P.A.C.F.A.
Herspace Counsellor and Intake Officer, Director and founder of Counselling On Collins, Melbourne CBD www.counsellingoncollins.com.au
Amanda has over 8 years experience conducting 1:1 therapy sessions and 15 years facilitating Art Therapy Workshops. As a Person-centred therapist, she is passionate about working with women to connect to their internal strengths to enable them to release their past and live a brighter more empowered future.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Holistic Counselling, Advanced Diploma Transpersonal Art Therapy, Diploma Clinical Hypnotherapy. Professional Membership: Australian Counselling Association, Australian Hypnotherapy Association, National Hypnotherapy Register of Australia, and Australian Association of Holistic and Transpersonal Counsellors.
With over 20 years of experience teaching, performing, choreographing and moving with people across 3 continents, Anjali is passionate about dance and the creative arts as a pathway to reconnect with the wisdom of the body, to experience the joy of being in the body and live in the present moment.
- Dip. Transpersonal Art Therapy
- Grad. Dip. Dance Movement Therapy
- B.Sc. (Life Sciences)
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
- Grad. Dip. Sports & Fitness Science, B.Sc. (Life Sciences)
- Associate Member DTAA, Member IICT, Ageless Grace Educator
Cindy has 20 years experience providing counselling and case work support to women and young people affected by family violence, sexual assault, homelessness, mental health issues, and drug and alcohol use. She has worked in a variety of settings, using both individual counselling, casework, and therapeutic group interventions to assist women in their healing journeys. She emphasises a woman’s right to safety and dignity as core in navigating the journey to recovery and hope. Cindy brings a trauma informed, person-centred and human rights perspective to her work and believes that all people, especially women and children, deserve a life free from violence and exploitation.
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology & Sociology)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Graduate Diploma in Experiential Creative Arts Therapy
Eileen is an accredited Mental Health Social Worker who offers counselling and coaching to clients on the Mornington Peninsula. She incorporates evidence-based treatment methods (DBT, ACT, CBT) with mindfulness and stillness meditation practices, and Art Therapy, for a holistic approach to counselling.
Qualifications: BA (Psychology), BSW & Grad Dip Social Science (Gestalt Therapy), Cert. Couples Counselling, Cert. Initiatic Art Therapy
Kim is a qualified art therapist and counsellor and working with vulnerable and complex clients from a variety of cultural backgrounds who presented with a range of mental issues including depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, alcoholism, dementia, grief, Autism, ADHD and trauma from experiences of violence, abuse and sexual exploitation. Experience in the successful delivery of individual and group-based therapy of working with people at all stages’ of life, in clinical and community setting.
- Masters of Art Therapy
- Bachelor of Design
- Professional Certificate of Adolescent Certificate
- Professional Member ANZATA
김 희진 임상 심리 전문가, 호주와 뉴질랜드 공인 미술 치료 전문가 (AThR), 상담가. 호주 뉴사우스웰즈 대학 디자인 학사학위를, 라트로브 대학원에서 미술 치료학 석사학위를 받았다. 다양한 문화의 의뢰인들을 대상으로 미술 치료를 통해 건강한 정신과 감정으로 회복하는데 노력하고 있다.