Volunteering opportunity at HerSpace!
HerSpace is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that supports girls and women affected by sexual exploitation in Australia through direct services. We aim for girls and women to be empowered and contribute towards transformative social change.
HerSpace is run by a network of passionate and engaged volunteer staff. We invite you to donate your time, skills and expertise toward ending sexual exploitation in our community.
We are currently recruiting for the following long-term roles:
- Offer individual therapy to girls and women affected by sexual exploitation
- Actively promote the counselling places in this HerSpace program for victim-survivors to try to attain referrals
- Make clear in all communications regarding these sessions you are an Asha HerSpace counselor promoting this an organisation you work for not your own private practice
- Provide counselling space, insurance for practice and arrange sessions directly with service user
- Write thorough case notes after each session, including any risk assessments.
- Report to the HerSpace Program Manager (Emily Hanscamp) concerning any risks or challenges in the counselling.
- Meet with the Program Manager quarterly with other counselors in group supervision session in Hawthorn
- Perform tasks needed for Monitoring and Evaluation, in collaboration with Learning and Effectiveness Co-ordinator and Asha ED who will provide tools and M&E framework.